BEFORE GOING TO DIFFERENCIATE BETWEEN SQL AND MYSQL
- We should have knowledge about what is SQL and MYSQL
- To understand about MYSQL and SOL you should have knowledge about database
WHAT IS DATABASE??
A database is like a showroom in which everything stored in a systematic manner and whatever in a showroom have assume all it’s a data of showroom and assume showroom as database so as you know that if we arrange something in a perfect manner then whenever we need any of the thing in data we can find it easily or even if we want to modified it we also can do that easily we just need to fine out that in which position our data are stored
So I hope you understand what is database and why we need it…….
Let’s move to understand what is SQL and MYSQL
WHAT IS SQL?
Firstly, You need to know SQL stands for “STRUCTURAL QUERY LANGUAGE” so as you can understand by its name that it is a language used by database……..
SQL is required to operate database if you want to change something like wants to update , remove and manipulate any data you just need to use SQL language
This is one of the most popular data management tool in the whole world
It have many commands like CREATE ,REMOVE ,SELECT etc for manipulation in data.
SQL language is a standard language for relational database system and MYSQL is also a relational database system we learn about it in our further article
It allow user to explain the data , it can create any database and tables
WHAT IS MYSQL?
It is a relational database management system and it is open source that means you can use for free….. it is used to create database so that we can stored and change data whenever we required.
MYSQL can perform on many operating system and also it can perform with many languages like java , PHP etc.
As I told you above that sql have many commands like create , remove so that commands gives to mysql so that it can perform action according to command
We can used it very easily we don’t need to do much hardwork for learn this
You should use mysql if you need to create database in very cheap rate and also which is reliable
Now, we get little bit idea what is sql and mysql so let’s begin the actual topic of this article
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SQL AND MYSQL
|SQL doesn’t change rapidly just because it is a language||MYSQL change frequently just because it is a software|
|IT IS A LANGUAGE||IT IS A RDBMS|
|USED FOR COMMUNICATE WITH DATABASE||IT IS VERY POPULAR BECAUSE IT IS FREE|
|USED FOR ACCESS,UPDATE,REMOVE DATA||USE TO KEEP THE DATA IN DATABASE|
|FOR USING IT YOU HAVE TO LEARN THE LANGUAGE||USER CAN RUN SOFTWARE ON MULTIPLE PLATFORMS|
|IT TAKES TIME AND HARD WORK TO USE IT EFFECTIVELY||IT CAN BE USE EASILY BY ONLY DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL|
ADVANTAGE AND DISADVANTAGE OF SQL AND MYSQL
ADVANTAGE OF SQL
- HIGH SPEED – IT CAN RETRIEVE LARGE AMOUNT OF DATA IN VERY LESS TIME
- NO CODING SKILLS NEED – IF WE WANT TO PERFORM ANY ACTION WE JUST DON’T NEED TO WRITE MANY LINES OF CODES YOU JUST NEED TO WRITE SOME KEYWORDS LIKE IF YOU WANT TO INSERT SOMETHING IN DATA YOU JUST NEED TO WRITE INSERT KEYWORDS.
- PORTABLE – IT CAN BE USED IN ANY PC , LAPTOP ETC ON ANY OPERATING SYSTEM IT CAN BE USED.
DISADVANTAGE OF SQL
- VERY COSTLY – THERE ARE MANY VERSIONS OF SOL WHICH VERY COSTLY SO NOT EVERYONE CAN USE IT
- COMPLEX INTERFACE – IT HAS VERY COMPLEXIVE INTERFACE which makes it little harder to understand specially for new learners.
- PARTIAL CONTROL – We can’t give the whole control in the hand of database
ADVANTAGE OF MYSQL
- FREE OF COST – This is the main reason which make it used world wide because it is free of costs
- LARGE DEVELOPER COMMUNITY – Mysql have a large developer community which takes care of it and release its update version time to time
- HIGH DATA SECURITY – It is very reliable it’s data can be protect by password
DISADVANTAGE OF MYSQL
- BAD DEBUGGING TOOL – It has not that much good debugging tool which we get from many other database
- LARGE DATABASE – It can’t support large database with efficiency as it can small database
- TRANSACTIONS – Can’t handle transaction with efficiency
Read more :
- Download Turbo C , C++ for Windows7 , Windows 8 and Windows 10 of (32-64 bit)
- HTML Full Form
- Spring interview questions and answer
- CSS Full Form – What is CSS ?
Official Site :
If there is a person who wants to create your own server and also wants to manage it then they have to learn about SQL language and if you want to use free database then you must use MYSQL